- "Peter Vadala was fired and the company says he violated a tolerance policy. But Vadala reports his dismissal came because he expressed his Christian view of homosexuality after a female manager made repeated references as she approached him four times during work hours to her plans to marry her lesbian partner.
- At the start of the day, she told me she was getting married. I told her 'Congratulations,' and asked, 'Where's he taking you on your honeymoon?'" Vadala said.
- "She replied that her partner was a 'she,'" he continued, "So I immediately tried to change the subject.
- "I think she knew I was uncomfortable talking about it," he continued. "But, she brought it up to me three more times during the day.
- After the fourth time she told me about her plan to marry her partner, I told her, 'I think homosexuality is bad stuff,'" Vadala said." "That's what I said. I wasn't rude about it and I didn't act disrespectfully to her," he said. "All the woman said to me as she left the store was, 'Human Resources buddy. You keep your opinions to yourself!'"
Here's the link to the entire article. I couldnt care less what goes on behind closed doors between consenting adults. It's really none of my business. If Vadala's account is accurate, then this manager seems to have had a chip on her shoulder. If she had kept her private life to herself than I doubt that any of this would have happened. I'm sure this will all come out in court and that Mr Vadala has retained the services of an attorney. I'll keep you posted if any other developments come about.