A recent article in Christianity Today highlights the efforts of former church-planter Jerry Trousdale in the region and he reports the following occurances...
- Multiple cases of entire mosques coming to faith
- Thousands of ordinary men and women being used by God to achieve seemingly impossible outcomes
- Tens of thousands of Muslim background Christians becoming dedicated intercessors who fast and pray for the gospel to penetrate the next community
- Muslim people groups that never had even one church among them now have more than fifty church planted, and in some cases more than one hundred churches – within two years of engagement
- Former sheikhs, imams and militant Islamists making up 20 percent or more of the new Christian leaders in Muslim regions
I tend to believe these reports from Trousdale being that about a year or so ago, I had the privilege of attending a Bible study that for one Sunday, was taken over by a guest speaker of an organization looking to spur economic development in the region of North Africa along with sharing the Christian faith.
I asked the man speaking that morning if, given his experience in that part of the world, he had ever heard of such conversions via dreams and visions and he responded 'yes'. He then went on to relate the account of a convert who had told him that while in Jordan, he had a dream instructing him to go to a specific part of a town nearby and enter the local bookstore and ask the proprietor for a book that was not on display. The next day the man did so and when he spoke to the man in the bookstore, the man then produced a Bible in Arabic for him and the man added that he himself had had a dream that the man was coming to see him.
"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit on all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions" Joel 2:28 AKJV
Above image: King Hassane II Mosque, Casablanca, Morocco