Where's the birth certificate

Free and Strong America

Sunday, August 23, 2009

I laughed out loud....

Yesterday I was getting caught up with my Thomas Sowell articles and I came across this installment from August 11th and yes, I literally laughed out loud...
"Different people have very different reactions to President Barack Obama. Those who listen to his rhetoric are often inspired, while those who follow what he actually does are often appalled....Many years ago, there was a comic book character who could say the magic word "Shazam" and turn into Captain Marvel, a character with powers like Superman's. Today, you can say the magic word "diversity" and turn reverse discrimination into social justice....Perhaps the scariest aspect of our times is how many people think in talking points, rather than in terms of real world consequences....Since no one seems overly concerned about putting a racist on the Supreme Court-- provided it is a politically correct racist-- the moral of the story seems to be that if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, that doesn't matter if it coos like a dove at Senate confirmation hearings."
I have his archive as well as current articles linked on this page over to the right. Nobody tells it like it is than Thomas Sowell and although I don't agree with him all of the time, I consider him a national treasure and wish him great health in order to stick it to the mindless lemmings of the liberal set for years to come.

No comments: